A chicken just wandered past my window. I'm pretty sure that's not normal, even for Chauny.
I had some interesting classes on Friday. The two hours with the 2ndes-LV2 actually flew by. Claude and I got a little carried away with the photo the students were discussing. The students actually got really involved, because they wanted to disprove our crazy theories about vampires. Don't ask. Claude also brought up the show Buffy which surprised me! Of course, he's never actually seen it.
My last hour was with the new BTS, and only one student showed. I had a suspicion that it would be just him. Claude swore he saw D. just before, but I assured him that was impossible, because he left days before. The little alcolo got himself kicked out of the dorm, so I don't know what's going to happen there... Anyway, the one student had to sit there for an hour with me translating articles. What fun for the both of us! C. had joked around that he was going to join us when he came into the room. That would have been fun! He even pulled out the chair next to me, but sadly, he had to actually work.
Oh! And there's going to be (hopefully) another trip to London with the students this year. Claude was getting an idea of who was interested the other day. He added my name to the list without even asking me. He told the students that of course I would be going. They, my 2ndes, liked that idea! I told C. about the trip, and he's going to try to join us as well (wouldn't that be a blast?), so I have to keep him posted on the plans.
I had a very nice and relaxing weekend. Emily and I spent all yesterday afternoon snacking and listening to Katia & Kyliemac record their podcasts live with author Stephen Clarke. The episodes were hilarious, and Clarke seemed to really warm up and kept cracking jokes. I can't wait to listen to the actual podcasts! And if you don't listen to these girls' podcasts, what are you waiting for?
Tomorrow, I am off to Paris to spend some time with my undergrad French prof. I cannot wait. Despite being in France numerous times over these past 7 years of knowing each other, we have never actually been here at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment