Thursday, January 21, 2010

even more reasons for the students to think i'm "folle"

No, seriously, the students already think I'm the crazy American, and tonight at dinner, I definitely drove that point home. And of course, student D. had a front row seat for all of it. His eyes kept going from me to C., and since he's hung out with the two of us together, he already knows more about us than the rest of the boys.

I don't know what drew more attention from the students. Was it when I "attacked" C.? Or when we started bickering like an old married couple? Or maybe when we were making fun of A. (which drove him mad because he couldn't figure out what we were saying)? Or was it when we were "stealthily" trying to pass Roxy's birthday card under the table, and C. attempted to cover it up by scolding me for something?

Let me explain the "attack". I gave him the keychain Anna bought for him which was wrapped. The others were watching curiously, wondering what it was. He was all like "C'est a moi!" (it's mine). When I said I didn't even know what it looked like, he turned away from me and tried to keep it hidden. I, always having to play into the childish games, took that moment to practically "tackle" him and grab hold of his arm so I could see. He pretended to be hurt and yelped, effectively causing everyone to turn and look at us. That, of course, caused us to crack up.

Ahh... dinner at the cantine. Never a dull moment.

Oh! And completely random, but Emily met an American teacher at her high school. She's new this year which is why I didn't know of her existence. But that's not the surprising part. She's actually from my area back home! She even knows of North Ridgeville! Whoa! Small world! Can't wait to meet her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure my students think I'm a crazy American as well. Part of it might just come with the territory. Though I do teach them odd expressions (for example: "it was so cold I thought my ears were going to fall off") and make them debate who they would kick out of hot air balloon if that was the only way the rest of us could survive.

    ReplyDelete