Thursday, January 28, 2010

did he scare you?

Roxy is probably going to kill me for sharing this story, but it's too funny not to share. We were at dinner the other night with A., Sn., and S. Nothing out of the ordinary. S. wandered off for some reason or another (that reason was probably a cigarette). I was eating and chatting with the other guys when I saw someone behind Roxy. I didn't feel any reason to look, because I figured S. was back and was going to take a seat next to Roxy. Next thing I know, she is shrieking outloud! It was C. behind her (who isn't normally there that night), and he had scared her when he popped out of nowhere to give her the bise. We all couldn't stop laughing after that. S. came back, and was all "Qu'est-ce qu'il y a?" (What's going on?).

It was definitely a hilarious moment. I know C. can be stealthy and has a way of sneaking up on people (like when he snuck up behind me last year and wrapped his arms around me, and I nearly jumped out of my skin), but Roxy is the first one to actually scream. Quite amusing.

After we had recovered, C. asked if I had burned the pancakes when I made them. When I assured him I hadn't, he became excited for the promised pancake meal. We just need to figure out an evening.

Classes are going well, so nothing to really report there. The usual bantering and fighting with Claude over word choices and sentence structure. Plus, some of my classes didn't exist this week, because the terminales have the bac blanc exams.

Yesterday, we all went to St. Quentin. Unfortunately, we arrived to a blackout. Most of the town didn't have any power! We did manage to meet up with some other assistants and have bottled drinks at a cafe, and then Kasia gave us a hilarious "tour" of the Hotel de Ville and the Basilica. We looked at the hand (yes, hand) of St. Quentin which is preserved in the basilica. Kind of gross. On the way back to Chauny, we ran into C. on the train, so Emily was able to meet him. He was in true C. form. He did his whole "Don't mind me, I'm going to take a nap and listen to music" thing and then every five minutes be all like "Shannon! Blah blah blah...."

No comments:

Post a Comment