Sunday, January 10, 2010

success with the "american" meal

Last night's dinner was a success! It almost didn't end up happening. On our way to the station to meet C., he called me saying he missed the last train (he was on time... just was at the wrong platform). Once again, thanks to the handy iPhone, I found that there was still one last bus to Chauny. He arrived only an hour late and was still able to join us at La Rotonde for a drink before they closed.

There was a lot of teasing going around as Roxy was the one cooking the French toast for this so-called "American" meal. Hey! I made the eggs, and I dipped the bread into the batter. And tonight, under the supervision of Roxy, I successfully made it using the leftovers from last night. Of course, I had to text C. to inform him of that fact. I was just a little occupied last night. Veronique called, and we all know it's impossible to get off the phone with her. She can talk your ear off. She also talked to Roxy a bit, and after much convincing from her, I also handed the phone over to C. She definitely gave him the 3rd degree about what he does, what he wants to do, how we met, how much he sees me, etc. Oh yeah, and he is well aware of all the rumors circulating around the school. She also, in true Vero fashion, invited him down to Aix with me.

Dinner was very yummy! And C. enjoyed his "pain perdu" with maple syrup. It was a first for Roxy as well! Oh, how I missed French toast! I haven't had it since September (well, unless you count the sugarcoated "pain perdu" at the St. Quentin Christmas market), and it's one of my favorite foods. Unfortunately, with the distraction of Vero's phone call, we completely forgot about taking any pictures.

After a little scare of me carelessly sending a text to C. that was meant for Vero which he graciously let me delete without reading (thank god I made the mistake while he was walking back into my room and not while he was still outside), we settled down for a game of cards. Then, Vero started with her crazy phone calls. She was speaking in some weird code, and she was just being insane. C. and Roxy couldn't stop laughing at the look on my face. I don't even know... but I eventually convinced her to hang up and not to call back, promising to call her today.

As it was late, Roxy headed to bed, and C. and I decided to watch a film. We curled up and watched "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" since he had never seen it. He enjoyed it, and we both laughed along with the jokes. I'll never get tired of this film.

Today was such a lazy day. I woke up at an almost respectable hour. I laid in bed for awhile and played on my phone as I didn't want to disturb C., but in the end, he can sleep through anything! Seriously! I left the room, showered, used my sink, made my bed, and played on my computer which all involved walking around him, and he never woke up. At about 1:30, he woke up, asked me "Ca va?", answered me, and fell immediately back to sleep. Finally, he woke up at 2, and we chatted for a few hours before deciding to head out for coffee. We did a little tour of the Chauny bars since La Rotonde is closed on Sundays. We didn't like the owner of the first one we went into at all. But the next one was better, so we stuck around. It was nice to sit around and talk. I learned a lot more about his family and such, and we share a lot of the same views on things. C.'s quickly become my best French friend, so I'm happy to have the opportunity to spend this much - uninterrupted by students - time with him. Eventually, his friend joined us for a short bit (I had met him when we saw Twilight together).

Definitely a nice Sunday and weekend in general! Next up, I'm going to try to make pancakes, and if I can successfully do that, I promised C. we'd invite him for them. He apparently loves the ones at Mc Donald's.

Oh, how I'm looking forward to giving C. back his blanket Wednesday night at dinner. Err... not. As if the students didn't talk enough. We've already laughed over what they're probably going to say. At least my BTS are doing their internships, so they will not be there. I'd never here the end of it from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment