I'm back at work. The return went, and it's like no time has passed. The PL2 is back, and while I'm happy to see their faces again (and they were so sweet the first time they saw me again), I didn't realize how much I enjoyed having a free hour on Tuesdays. I'm also sure Friday at 8am is going to be tough as well. Tuesdays, I now have class from 8-5 with a short break in the morning and then a 20 minute lunch. It was rather hard. I had gotten used to having that free hour despite it being near the end of the day. We also spent practically every class but the BTS classes going over verb forms. It resulted in me wanting to slam my head into the desk, and I'm sure most of the students still have no clue. I, on the other hand, now know the names of all the English verb forms. Hey, we may know them all in use, but if someone asks you to give an example of the... crap. Just realized I don't know the names of them in English. LOL. Nevermind.
Before the break, one of the students in the TS LV-2 asked me if I could make cookies. As I love to bake (and I'm not above bribing the kids as I've done in the past), I obliged. Now, the real challenge. Cookies without an oven. I found a recipe for no-bake cookies that called for chocolate and peanut butter which all my fave Frenchies love, so that's what I decided to make. They were a hit! We spent today's class eating cookies and the cheese one of the students brought. And the surveillants love them. Sn. ate at least five the first night and then felt horrified that he took advantage of my generosity. I assured him that I am swimming in cookies and that he was doing me a favor by eating them.
As I do have far too many cookies, I put a call out on Facebook. One of my former students in the TGM answered. And then today, the moment he saw me he screeched "Cookies!" in a very weird and hilarious voice. He loved them and kept going "Cookies!" every time he saw me. Word spread and I had some others seeking me out for cookies. I don't mind, I still have plenty! C. and A. will certainly be getting more tomorrow night since they enjoyed them as well, and tomorrow's dessert is lame. C. said they reminded him of Reese's Cups which is kind of what I was going for.
The weather has been much nicer. Well, we've had quite a bit of rain and wind, but it's warmer. I've been able to wear my leather jacket instead of my coat a bit. We have a predicted high of 59F (15C) for Sunday (my birthday!)! I hope they're right!
No comments:
Post a Comment