Friday, February 26, 2010

woot! weekend (and my bday), here we come!

I think I spent much of this week in a sugar coma. Last night at dinner, Roxy and I, hyped up on sugar from cookies and with a bunch of candy sweethearts in my pocket, were especially giggly. I handed her a heart that said "Be mine". She replied with an exaggerated "Mais bien sur!" (But of course!), and I acted all touched which caused us to break out into fits of laughter. A. and C. stared on in confused wonder. We explained the candy and showed it to them. A. was like "Be mean" and said he didn't understand it at all (obviously), so I translated it. This caused them both to look at us strangely wondering how much of this was joke flirting. Hee! Of course, we played along a bit.

Well, the first week after the break is over. It went by fairly quickly after the hell that was Tuesday. I had a lot of (long) classes today, but it seems like today went by pretty fast. And the TGM kept popping up, trying to convince me to come to class, but it's not my choice! I feel so horrible! Also, in my last three classes, I had three students. The first two hours with two students is normal, because there are only two in the class. In the last hour, only one of the new BTS decided to grace us with his presence. But this student is so nice (apparently, he was in Carole's classes but I never had him because she didn't have me work with his class), and in relation to others in both the BTSes, his English is strong.

Now, it's the weekend, and more importantly, my birthday is on Sunday, so that means party in Chauny this weekend! We have about as ambitious of plans that you can have in a town like Chauny. It's going to be the three of us (Roxy, Emily, and I), C., Anne from Soissions, Andrew from Hirson, and possibly Jamie from Lille. We're planning on lunch at La Rotonde, baking and pre-gaming in the afternoon, drinks at La Rotonde, apero chez moi(?), pizza, Cuba, and then after-party chez moi. On Sunday, all the assistants of Chauny plus the guests are invited for cake. Can't wait!

C. is excited to meet some other friends of mine (especially the mysterious girl who went to Berlin with me), and I think the feeling is mutual among the other guests. This is how I wanted to describe how to recognize C. to the other guests (besides the fact that he's the French one). He'll be the overly flamboyant one, the one flirting with me, the one teasing me, and/or the one bickering with me. The first characteristic depends on his mood and the company he's with (for obvious reasons... small town mentality here). He can reign it in or can be far out there. The other things pretty much go hand in hand. The flirting usually turns into some kind of teasing (or the other way around), and it usually ends in us bickering like an old married couple. So goes the story of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment