Sunday, February 21, 2010

second week completed

Well, as of tomorrow, after two weeks off, I will be back at work. Possibly. I really should have paid better attention to the new BTSers' schedule.

The second week went by a bit faster than the first, but it was still pretty uneventful. Thus, I present to you the highlights:

- Emily taught me to knit. Yes, I kid you not. I can only do a simple stitch, and I'm currently making a very messed up scarf. I am turning eighty next week instead of twenty-five.
- I met up with Eileen and her friend in the Marais for yummy falafel.
- I spent a wonderful afternoon and evening at my former French professor's temporary apartment in Paris with her, Anna, and a current BW student. It was filled with lots of laughter, conversation, wine, and yummy snacks including some delicious desserts from a patisserie. I certainly did not want to leave that evening.
- Roxy's parents were in town for a few days, so we had the grand Chauny tour (I've collected quite the array of factoids during my time here). After that five minutes, we spent a lot of time at La Rotonde. I also discovered that Chauny has its very own tattoo parlor called Pic'art (Yes, a lovely play on words... Pic'art=Picard) whose logo featured a person milking a cow. I think I'll avoid getting a tattoo there.
- La Rotonde is back open! Oh, how I missed it! I'm also pretty sure that the married server thinks I have a crush on him. I do not. Or, he just thinks I'm crazy. I may or may not have confessed my love for him (in English) after he brought us peanuts. He may or may not have heard me as he was walking away. Hopefully, I was speaking too quickly for him to have really caught it. Though since he started chatting with me yesterday, I don't think he did.

That's about it. This week will be long. First week back. And the PL2 BTSers are back after two months. I've missed them! But now, I must prepare myself for 8ams, endless teasing, and whatever rumors they start to spread this time.

3 comments:

  1. And he most definitely thought you were waving at him the other morning, when you were in fact waving at Roxy (or her parents?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm always happy to share the knitting love. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waving at her parents, and I think he figured that one out. I think...

    I hope to finish my scarf in the next week or so!! Well, maybe. It depends on how bored I am this week.

    ReplyDelete