Sunday, February 22, 2009

ahh... paris

Paris was excellent. We drove in which proved to be a mistake for a bit, because traffic was at a standstill when we were near the airport, but once the highways branched off a bit, it cleared up. We had an excellent lunch at an Italian restaurant in St. Michel. So yummy! After lunch, we spent some time at Shakespeare and Co. before hitting up Starbucks. For those of you who think Starbucks is overpriced in the States, come to France! It's ridiculous! Even before you convert the price to dollars it's too expensive for what it is.

Then, we tried with some failure but soon with success to find the Carnival parade. We had the right location, just the wrong time. LOL. We should have really wrote stuff down. But we did finally get to watch it. It was a little hard to see, because though we had a very good spot to begin with, the people soon just stood in the middle of the street, blocking our view. It was good nonetheless. There was a minor issue with a creepy guy, but Kylie eventually scared him off, and we had a good laugh over it afterwards. Moral of the story, I attract the creepers.

We had dinner at Breakfast in America. Actually, we all ordered pancakes so I guess you can say we had breakfast. We had tried to go there when we first arrived in the city, but the line to get in was too long, and we were starving. Glad we had decided to wait until dinner time, because it was a lot less crowded. It was also Natasha's first experience with American style pancakes, and she thoroughly enjoyed it!

I really had a great day. Kylie is so great to talk to. She's lived in the US for seven years now, so she knows all about it, but still sees things a bit through the eyes of a foreigner. Makes for great conversation. We share a lot of the same viewpoints and the like on things such as travel, living abroad, making the most out of experiences, etc. Plus, since she is a little older than me, I naturally get along well with her. I always get along better with people older than me. So it was so nice to spend the entire day with her. We were never short on topics to talk about.

Well, tomorrow, I am off to Madrid!! It goes without saying that there will be no posts until I'm back! Ciao!

1 comment: