Thursday, February 12, 2009

i love having things to do on wednesday!

Tuesday, I met up with Kylie and her son for coffee and to go to the library. He was so cute. He drew me some pictures, and then at the library, he got so excited, because I could actually read the books to him. On our way back to her car, I ran into Sophie! Remember her? She's the French girl we were friends with that studied in England. Unfortunately, she's moving to Germany in two weeks with her boyfriend.

Yesterday was an awesome day. I didn't have class, because there was a meeting all morning to talk about the reforms. Since I'm an assistant, I wasn't required to go. I could come and go as I pleased, which I took to mean that I could sleep in. LOL.

Natasha and I got lunch at the cafe. The cantine was serving cow's tongue, so there was no way in hell we were eating there. Uh uh. Not happening. I got a bruschetta pizza type thing, and it was delicious! And so so filling! Plus, we ran into surveillant S. there. He jokingly asked if lunch was better there than at the cantine, and we were like "you have no idea".

After lunch, we went to the cinema to see LOL (Laughing Out Loud) which is a new film out in France. We really enjoyed it. But I must say that I'd much rather have my students with the Picard accent than teens who talk like that. They also rag so badly on England, and it's no where near true. Natasha and I were in fits of laughter. And now we know why the French have such a bad impression of England.

I met up with Sophie for a drink and some shopping and so we could catch up. Her English is so awesome. Despite my rule of no English, I allowed myself to break the rules. This is the first time she's spoken any real English since we left last year and since she's moving to Germany and will have to rely on her English skills (she knows no German), it was good practice for her. It really is a shame that I hadn't run into her sooner.

I skipped my 9am today. Well, it's not like I do anything in that class. My 10am has the BAC blanc today, and my 11am is during their internship. So yeah... didn't want to get up early for one class. Plus, my head was pounding when I did wake up. And the neighbor was in the bathroom for like an hour. So I curled up and went back to sleep. And my head is still pounding now.

No comments:

Post a Comment