The surveillants have been particularly entertaining this week, so dinner has been interesting to say the least. Like last night, I jokingly asked Sn. "What's up?" since I taught him the meaning of that last week. He thought that was hilarious. And then, he asked for the typical reply to the question before deciding that he would use "Not bad, girl" as a response. Doesn't quite fit, but it cracked me up. We've been having really good conversations lately which I really enjoy. And then tonight, C. was in his normal crazy mood. He did his impression of me and Natasha which included using a high pitched voice and being all hyper. "L'autre jour vous etiez ben [high pitched voice] "On est alle a Paris et on a fait ca! Et puis ca! Et ca!" mais Paris... c'est super" (The other day you were like "We went to Paris and we did this and then this and that" but Paris... it's super). Although Paul thinks that is an accurate depiction of us, we are so not like that. At least not at dinner. As Natasha put it, we're usually half dead unless drunk... which is a theory we've never tested out at dinner. And like C. is one to talk! He's the one always making funny faces at me and such and then cracks up laughing whenever I make a comment. But it did lead to a nice conversation.
And since I'm on the topic of food (sort of... talking about dinner time), yesterday at lunch, I'm pretty sure my roast-beef was still mooing. It was so red and disgusting. I refused to eat it. Gross.
My classes have gone very well this week. Scattergories was once again a huge hit this year. They were actually quite creative in their responses.
Today, I had Carole's 2ndes. I normally take half the class. Well, a few from the other group snuck in. I just sort of shrugged, because I figured she'd realize (since there were no absences and her group was smaller than normal) and come get them, but she didn't. While the students who snuck in are the biggest troublemakers in the class, I never have any problems with them. Which is amazing for me especially since the one is repeating his year so I had him last year. He is super nice with me and will yell at anyone who is talking, so everyone else follows his lead. They all told me how much they preferred being with me rather than the teacher. They told me they were all jealous that I work more so with Claude and his students. I can't help that. To put the icing on the cake, I nixed the "Madame" thing and told them to call me "Shannon". They all thought that was awesome.
I was hanging out with my TGM students after the recreation while waiting for Claude, and that earned me some weird looks from the other teacher. What? I'm allowed to talk with them. They're my favorite class. And Claude is known to do the same thing. That's why all the students and surveillants etc. really like us. We're always so friendly and personable.
Also? I miss my PL2 students. Still another month before I see them again.
Newest Chauny assistant obsession? Twitter. I've been using it for months, but the others just joined. We've been having fun.
One more day and then it's the weekend. An assistant from Noyon is coming on Saturday night, so that should be fun. Introducing other assistants to the Chauny experience is always a good time. Plus, since she has a car, we're probably going to go to St. Quentin or Laon or... wait for it.... the bar on the boat(!) after Cuba. Fun!
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment