Saturday night, Suzanne, an assistant in Noyon, came to Chauny to spend the evening with us. We all went out to the Italian restaurant in town and had a wonderful dinner. We then spent a few hours at the apartment just chatting which was really nice. Then, we introduced Suzanne to Cuba. I think she was fully entertained by it. There really wasn't many people we knew, and the few that we did know probably thought we were crazy by the end of the night. A surveillant from the school was there, and we became obsessed with waving at him. We're weird.
Since Suzanne has a car, we were planning on heading out to a boite. She wanted to go to St. Quentin, so that was the plan. On leaving, I asked some people where they were going, and they said Laon. So we decided to go to Laon instead. Interesting drive since we didn't quite know the way. Getting to Laon was pretty easy since the roads are clearly marked with directions to the major towns, but finding the boite proved to be a little more difficult, but I finally recognized the parking lot. People from Cuba were surprised to see us there, but they definitely welcomed us into their group. Although the others seemed to make an enemy among them. I didn't notice, because the only things I really said to the guy was when I was needed to translate something. I was talking to some other people instead. We had a really good time, and the music was actually good! We stayed until closing and yeah... good night. I didn't get home until.... let's just say really late.
After sleeping most of the day away (and can I just say how much I hate the sound of the stupid bells and the trains going by?) and not functioning on a higher level for the rest of it, we got on a train to Noyon to have dinner with Suzanne and the other assistant in her town. That was a good (and delicious) time. We stayed there until really late, and then Suzanne offered to drive us home. So nice of her! And it was snowing! Nice big fluffy snowflakes. It was even starting to stick to the ground! Of course, when I woke up this morning, it was just wet and grey and no snow in sight. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment