Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reason a million why I love my students: One gave me a homemade chocolate chunk muffin the other day. It was delicious! And then Claude made me eat pollen. That was not so delicious. Not exactly gross, but not something I ever plan on eating again. But some of the students were eating it like it was candy! Yuck. In another class, I also took it on a very large tangent by mentioning that it was Friday the 13th. Out the window other plans went. We spent the entire of time talking about superstitions in the US and France. Kind of fun.

I'm also so so grateful for all the French help Claude has been giving me this year. And possibly the most useful thing he has taught me grammar-wise is "M. Si aime pas le rait" (for writing "if" clauses). It came in handy for something I did this past week.

Friday night, we had a little party in Chauny. Well, kind of. Vivienne from Amiens and Suzanne from Noyon came. Maria made sangria, and we all went out to Cuba. The music was decent for a change. Then, we went to the boite in Laon. The music was really good there, so that fun. Some other people from Chauny eventually showed up, so we chatted with them despite certain people who faired the tete. I jokingly hit M.A. a few times, because he forgot my name, but he does still have the post card we bought him in Tunisia last year. And I made friends with another one of his friends. He asked me where I was from, and of course I got the blank stare when I said Ohio. I was about to go into my description of where it was when he said that wasn't important. He wanted to know who won my state in the presidential election. That was more important. Haha.

Yesterday, we entertained Vivienne in Chauny... aka we went to the cafe for lunch, walked through the centre ville, and hung around doing nothing. At least it was sunny out! Then, it was girls' night at the apartment since Paul was out of town. Maria made a delicious potato omelet thing and more sangria. The two of us ended up going to Cuba. We almost didn't but it was a good thing we did. The music was freakishly good, we made nice with the new owner, hung out with the girls who were at the boite with us in St. Quentin a few weeks ago, and I joked around with one of the surveillants from my school. We got invited to go out with the girls afterwards, but we were pretty tired, so we passed. But all in all a good night.

Today is another lazy Sunday. Natasha's parents just arrived, so she'll be leaving soon. I'll be at the school on my own this week. No big deal. It means no nightly cups of tea for the next few days, but I'll deal. Or try to deal that is. I've become somewhat of an addict.

And I still need to plan my lessons for this week. Ugh. I'm so lazy. It's the last week before vacation. I think I'll just bring in something for my secondes to watch. I'll never remember what students I have this week after the break. I use my lesson plans for two weeks straight with them, so I'm not going to bother planning something I'll only be using once.

Oh, P.S. Found a roundtrip ticket to Barcelona for 20 euros for part of April break, so Natasha and I are going there for a few days. Ryanair sucks though, because I have to pay 10 euros extra to check in at the airport, because I'm an American. Hate that. And you know, then the credit card fee. But still, that's a cheap ticket. I know I've already been there, but it'll be gorgeous in April. And I did really love the city. Plus, I wasn't going to find a cheaper ticket to anyplace else. We still need to plan something for the other week. Probably Aix.

No comments:

Post a Comment