Saturday, February 21, 2009

another holiday has arrived!

I did a quick lesson on informal greetings to the class that has issues with asking me "Hello. What are you?". They got into is especially liking a translation for "Wesh". We'll see if it actually sticks or not. I already had one greet me with a "Yo!" so that really cracked me up. Then, we did the lesson on creating a superhero. I think the funniest one was "Narko" aka President Sarkozy. His superpower was lying. Even sixteen year olds make political commentary in France. They also all drew pictures of their superheroes for me to keep.

The other night at dinner, surveillant C. asked about Cuba, what it was like, and where it was. It pretty much involved S. and I exchanging looks and trying not to laugh too hard. It ended with us recommending the cafe in town instead since he was looking for a place to go if he misses his train home. Speaking of C., he is so crazy. We ran into him yesterday evening, and we talked briefly about our vacation plans. When he learned that we were going to Venice (guess he wasn't paying attention at dinner the other night), he practically had a fit. Apparently, he collects keychains, and he wants us to bring him one from there. I assured him several times that it wouldn't be a problem, but he just kept begging and pleading that we bring him one. LOL. Cannot forget! I will feel so bad after how many times he said "s'il vous plait" to us.

Last night, we had a good night with just us girls. We did go out for a bit, and Maria made some potential plans for my birthday with the owner of the bar. That should be fun! It involved champagne, music that we want, and a reserved table. Can't wait! It's so sad that so many people will be gone for the vacation, because there were a bunch of other assistants we wanted to invite.

Claude gave me some organic apples. And when I say some, I mean an entire crate full! A nice thought, but now I have a million apples. Plus, it's vacation so it's not like I will be here much to eat them! Will be asking Kylie tomorrow if she would like some.

So yes, it's the winter holiday. Two whole weeks of it! Here's are my plans:
Tomorrow the 22nd: Paris for Carnival with Natasha and Kylie
Feb 23-26: Madrid with Natasha
Feb 27-March 1: Chauny (including my birthday celebrations!)
March 2-5: Venice with Natasha and Paul

It looks to be an excellent time! Can't wait! Plans for Madrid include shopping (since the sales are on), drinking sangria, and eating tapas. Venice will pretty much revolve around food... pasta, pizza, and gelato. You know, the basic food groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment