Monday, October 19, 2009

do we do anything besides drink coffee???

Nothing quite so interesting as my student kissing me to report. Roxy and I have pretty much been bumming around Chauny. We have become regular fixtures at the café, so much so that the one server who has said no more than "Bonjour, what do you want?" for two years actually had a legit conversation with us! He was all smiling and happy. Quite the bizarre experience for me. And then when he was talking to us, a women who is there all the time joined in. I ended up talking to her for quite a long time, and she complimented my French and made me promise not to pick up the accent. Unfortunately, I've been noticing a lot lately that certain sounds I say are very Picard. Some crazy guy also tried to talk to us there this weekend. My friend M. (who is starting to become a little more social) left us alone with him and proceeded to send me text saying not to talk to him. Gee, thanks! You couldn't have given us a heads up when you left? But yeah, we're not the only ones who go there all the time. I see a lot of the same people and some of my friends/co-workers there all the time. Wonder where my paycheck goes...

Roxy works with the Scouts back home, so she found the troop here in Chauny and will be working with them this year. They had a picnic on Sunday, and she was told she could invite her friend. That would be me! The food was delicious, and I met some really nice people who were very enthusiastic to talk with us. It was a good time, and I'm sure I'll be seeing some of these people again.

Roxy is also going to be heading down to Aix with me. Vero said I could bring a friend, and since Anna already made plans and Roxy had none, I invited her to come along. I was excited to go down to Aix before, because I haven't seen Vero in months, but now I'm even more excited! It'll be nice to have someone to hang with while Vero is at work.

Still loving dinners with the surveillants. I think C. and I are getting worse and worse. Now, we purposely knock into each other. I believe everyone else thinks we're mad. LOL.

Classes are going well. Although I think the new BTS group is going to want to have me in their classes soon. They keep asking why I'm not staying. Damien and I just sort of look at each other, and Claude (in his own world) says that what they're doing at the moment won't interest me. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to avoid them... They're gone "en entreprise" for the next few weeks though.

And that's about all I have to say...

Oh, and I really really want an iPhone.

1 comment: