First off, the computers in the lycee are back to being sucky, and I can't access anything. I won't be able to get this on blogspot until later for that reason. Secondly, I am in a losing battle with SFR and the internet. Have a phone call scheduled with them this afternoon, so hopefully, we can get something figured out.
Reasons why my life here cracks me up:
- We were working with a story about a girl named "Suze", and I said her name must be "Suzanne".
Claude: Like the song?
Me: Oh, you mean the song "Oh Suzanna?"
Claude: No, not that. This one's more recent. By a band... I can't remember the name?
Me: .... Do you mean Roxanne by any chance? By The Police?
Claude: Yes! Must have mixed those name up!
Me: ????
- C. thought it would be funny to whisper things in my ear at dinner last night. Now, they were completely normal things (like that he's tired), so it's not like he couldn't have said them outloud. And then I made fun of him for something, he returned the favor, and all craziness broke loose.
- I'm half convinced that one of the surveillants is involved in some weird pyramid scheme and is recruiting half of Chauny. He mentioned something to me the other day about it, but I didn't quite hear all of what he said. If I can't figure it out before then, I will ask him after the vacation. I'm curious, and he did seem willing to share.
- The proviseur ate lunch with us and S. yesterday. After calling Fabienne "dégueulasse" (not a nice thing to say about a person at all), we joked around about searching for a nice bridge for Emily to live under when she arrives. But in all seriousness, my lycee rocks, because he is going to figure something out for her even though she doesn't work for this school. It was probably the longest conversation I've ever had with the guy. Glad he likes me though!
So apparently, the other English teacher Claire is not the Claire I thought she was. This one is new. Claude asked me the other day what I thought of the students and if I could find nicer ones (I said it was impossible). The new teacher can't seem to control them (she has my favorites who I've never had problems with!) and is even thinking about resigning. I met her officially yesterday, and she said she'll have to think about if she wants to have me with any of her students. She mentioned the Terminales (who I miss so much!), but Claude has doubts, because if she has problems with them, she'll be ashamed to have me there. Add to that that I could walk in and have them do whatever I want... not going to be her proudest moment.
Roxy and I went to St. Quentin yesterday and met up with another assistant there, Kasia. Kasia was really nice, and we all had a lovely afternoon despite the rain. We didn't exactly tell Daniel we were going, so he seemed surprised at dinner when C. asked him if he went to St. Q as well, but we wanted a girls' afternoon. And well, when are Roxy and I never together??
It's pretty much become a running joke with some of the guys in town. Where you find one of us (except for during working hours), you'll find the other. Or the other is close behind. LOL. We can't help it. We get along and are constantly giggling over something or another.
Oh, Claude has reinstituted "Torture Shannon Time". I had a killer half an hour with him the other day. It's all going to help me in the end though. I also had to translate an article (that I didn't even understand in English... stupid Chemistry!) into French in front of my older BTSers. It was... interesting. It didn't go too horribly. I've really improved after two years of doing this.
It's almost time for the vacation. Only Friday left of work! Of course, it's one of my longest days. Sn. gave me some recs of some things I have to eat in Aix. After going there numerous times, and telling him every single time, he finally gives me recs now??? Will definitely have to try them though. They sound so yummy!
Well, after this weekend when I can still use WiFi at La Rotonde (and maybe even chez moi if SFR pulls through), I won't have internet access at all while in Aix, so I will be even more M.I.A. Saturday, Roxy and I are also going to Paris to meet up with some friends of hers. Should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment