Friday, October 9, 2009

j'ai des bonbons!

Last night is the perfect example on why C. and I cannot be trusted together.  It was a little bit his fault, a little bit mine.  A little backstory, the night before, I gave both him and Francois Reese Cups. Francois only took one of the two I handed him, so I placed the other one next to his tray.  C. was going on and on about how I brought them last year and that he loved them.  Francois suddenly bursted out asking why C. has two and that he's been just as nice and blah blah blah.  I exaggerated picking up his second one and placing it on his tray. 

Cut to last night. C. started teasing and mocking me from the moment he entered the cantine.  That's pretty much normal for us, and I was teasing him right back. One of my dear students told me (in English) that I should give him a kick. Well, I don't even remember what he said that made me reply "Si tu es gentil, j'ai des bonbons!" (If you're good, I have candy).  With the way I said it (totally like talking to a child which fits in with the games we play) and the reference from the night before, we burst out laughing.  It was so bad, we couldn't stop. Roxy couldn't help but join in the madness. Surveillant A. just stared at us like we were mad. The students didn't know what to think.  And whenever C. or I stopped laughing, the other one was still going, so the other would start back up.  We couldn't control ourselves until one of the students did something to get yelled at.  We were then able to explain what was going on, but A. probably still thinks we're insane.  And of course, I did really have candy for the both of them. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Then, at the end of dinner, A. asked if it would bother me if he ate the candies a bit later.  C. and I both said very pointedly at the same time "Oui" which started a whole new set of laughter, because we always think on the same wavelength.  I did finally assure him that he could eat them later.

And before anyone asks (since it came up last year at one point), C. and I are not seeing each other.  He just has issues with invading my personal space, and for some reason (and this started practically the moment I met him), our main goal is to make each other laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment