Two years ago, we spent a huge part of our time with one of my students. I was younger, he was practically our age, and we were friends with his friends (non-students). We had some good times, and other than some light teasing in class, it was never an issue.
Well, one of the guys in the new BTS (who are currently not my students) will be living in our hallway some weekends. D. lives in the school during the week, and every few weeks, he will be gone for two weeks "en entreprise" (basically, an internship). And while I never concerned about this two years ago, hanging out with some 19 year old student wasn't on the agenda. C. vouched for him saying that he could be discreet as I was a bit hesitant because he is friends with a lot of my students. Following our conversation with C., we decided to invite D. with us for dinner. Plans were changed so it ended up being Roxy, D., and me. He was very excited at the prospect though as he spent last weekend all alone, so we decided to invite him along anyway.
We had pizza and went out to the bar. He was really friendly, and it really wasn't awkward at all. Conversation flowed pretty easily. He enjoyed being out with us. Adored the bar, but that could have something to do with the fact that he could smoke inside. It was a good evening, and I don't know why I was worried. I mean, he could still end up saying things to my students (or handing out my number), but he's the alcoholic in the group. I was a bit worried that I would have to drag him up to the school, but apparently, he has a VERY high tolerance. He was also quite funny.
We're inviting him with us to dinner at the other assistants' tonight. We'll see how part two goes.
I did find out Claude is his teacher (though his class wasn't on the schedule??), so I think that'll be one class I won't be going to if we continue to hang out.
No comments:
Post a Comment