Thursday, October 8, 2009

Instead of boring you with the mundane events of my life in Chauny (I'm sure you all want to here about every single encounter with my friends), I'll just share the more amusing/important tidbits.

We spent the afternoon in St. Quentin yesterday. It was nice, and we bought Cadbury hot chocolate from the Irish shop. The best part of the afternoon was that we ended up taking the same train back as C. which led to a hilarious evening. We've gotten so bad at teasing each other, that I don't think anyone around us thinks were sane anymore. He also tried to tell Francois at dinner that we were stalking him, and I played along. He vouched for the weekend neighbor/student. He's not one of mine, so I guess I'll invite him along with us tomorrow night.

We had a huge storm last night. That might not seem like something worth mentioning, but it like never storms like this in France! Not when I've been here! It was a torrential downpour with a constant rumble of thunder. Roxy and I opened my shutters and watched the storm for awhile. The lightning was bright blue, erratic, and constant. Wow.

I have been giving the students Reese's Cups. I am so popular at the moment! My favorite class from last year, the TGM, (who I don't have this year) have spent a lot of their free time talking to me in English. Won't argue with that. One of them even bragged to the others that he's my friend, because we "talk" on Facebook. I met the new BTSers, and they're a very small group this year, but they seem sweet. Despite not having my favorites this year, I think I'll like my classes. Except for the TGE. Not sure if I'm going to like that group. I haven't taken any groups by myself yet. Well, I should rephrase. Basically, in every class, I lead the lesson, but Claude is still there. I'm in charge of the whole group, and Claude is my backup. A reversal of roles of sort.

I love the maintenance guys at my school. They were the ones serving lunch yesterday, and they kept trying to shout things at me from across the cantine. And then today, after missing each other at lunch for the first half of the week, we were finally able to eat together.

Okay... as for the new assistants in Chauny, I've been spending most of my time with Roxy. We have taken to going for walks in the evening and then watching DVDs accompanied by hot chocolate, cookies, etc. We've really hit it off. Once Emily gets here, we're going to have even more fun. Still getting to know Xisela and Susie (and Anne... only met her once).

I'm very possessive of my dinners with the surveillants, and no one is going to screw it up! Roxy and I love eating with the surveillants than! Will have a talk with Sn. on Monday about it.

I have the first vacation planned (mostly). I'll be going down to Aix for most of it, like usual. I'll be there for about a week. Only have to figure out what to do with myself for the first weekend of the break.

I'm hoping the internet starts working at ours soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment