Tuesday, October 13, 2009

pucker up

We hung out with student D. Saturday night, and it went well. We played a game until 2:30am which made the walk home alone with him a little awkward. But it was all in good fun. It seems that he has mentioned nothing to his friends (my BTSers), but it seems like that was not what I had to be worried about...

So I brought a huge bag of Reese's Cups for my students. I have been handing them out to everybody and anybody for the past week. I've also been sampling them myself which is why I wanted to get rid of the rest once and for all. I thought of my student for whom I brought the peanut butter. He's such a sweet kid and always goes out of his way to speak English to me. I decided to give him what remained in the bag.

Last night at dinner, I stopped him on his way out and handed him the bag. He asked me if I was serious, and when I said yes, he leaned down and kissed my cheek. We're not talking the French bise here (I might have been okay with that). We're talking a full on sloppy wet one. I just sort of sat there in shock. He was out of there before I could react. Surveillants Sn. and Mo. just sort of stared at me. I definitely looked like I couldn't believe what had just happened. I sort of sat there silently staring at my plate, turning bright red. Roxy just laughed.

A bit later, Sn. said that this student must really like me. And it's true, he does. And I do tend to favor him a bit, but in a non creepy, non Mary Kay Letourneau kind of way. He's just a good kid, and as I don't have him as a student this year, I tend to chat with him a lot more outside of class. I think Sn. got his teasing out of the way last night. We'll see though. All I have to say is that thank god C. wasn't there. He would have died of laughter (which would have started me laughing), and I would never hear the end of it.

Luckily, the older BTSers have an exam right now, so I don't have to attempt to teach them. Half of them had front row seats to last night's event, and I know those boys will tease.

2 comments:

  1. hey you need to move me out of the former assistants section!!!! :)

    also you need to update the french blog missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and that's on my list of things to do today, so we'll see. It'll be so much easier to do once I have the Internet.

    ReplyDelete